Sunday, February 19, 2006

A Tom Update



Hmmm. An update. Good idea, Rachel. Thank you for getting the ball rolling.

It's a beautiful sunny Sunday, albeit I do say a cold Sunday as well. But you know what? We've been spoiled much of this season with unseasonably warm weather, and this IS Canada, so bring it on. Just not much longer (please). It's kind of cold in my house, but at least it doesn't make me drowsy, and therefore I can write something here.

Life is always life to me. New things don't usually strike me as news, so it's often hard to answer the question, "What's New?", even if nobody really asked me that question. But I suppose a request for an overview or an update is like saying, "What's new."

Am I stalling? Do I find my life that boring? Well, let's see. I'll recap the past week. I've been working hard at work on getting our company's corporate identity cleaned up a bit. My new coworker is in the South and Eastern Hemispheres, that is, in Queensland, Australia. Together, we are the Marketing Department for our company. She is handling the marketing side, and I the visual design side. It's kind of daunting because we're now starting to do a lot of brand-related stuff, such as mall display design, corporate identity rebranding, strategic marketing and research, and we're pitching to big corporations for potential partnerships as part of our new campaigns. This is all stuff I really don't feel so great at doing, but it's my job and it's a unique challenge, so yay for that. Every Thursday, we have a teleconference via Skype, which, by the way, is a fantastic free VOIP program for anyone who wants to chat clearly and freely with another anywhere else in the world.

On Friday, I went shopping and bought a fabulous pair of tight jeans. I mean, they are the tightest jeans I have ever purchased, but I like them! And they were only $30 at the Club Monaco Outlet in Markham. Then I went home and worked on my portfolio--an ongoing project that should be coming to its end very soon! Actually, when I am done this, I think I will make some art using a collection of Starbucks cups I have accumulated in the past few months for said portfolio. Hold me to it.

Yesterday, after Karate, I went over to my friend's place, presumably to practice for our new country music troupe. Instead, my friend, whom I have only known through blogs and email, showed up from Toledo, Ohio (she was staying at their place), so we toured Toronto and had a good time. And yes, I wore my tight jeans. They were awesome.

What else? Today, I restrung my guitar and listend to half of Cyril's sermon.

And I have been looking after the family cat, Guido, for the past week. I was really hoping she could stay here but the landlords are adamant about having no pets, and even admitted to eating Dogs (while living in their homeland). Seriously.

So, that is the scoop with me.

Peace,

T

3 Comments:

At 11:38 PM, Blogger Rachel said...

Dog eating doesn't phase me anymore... seriously.

Sounds like you've got a good groove going tom. Rock the tight jeans!

 
At 5:53 AM, Blogger alison said...

Tom, you're like a cowboy. I love that! Tight jeans are fun.

 
At 9:03 AM, Blogger sue said...

tight jeans AND a kittycat! that's a great pic btw.

i'm excited for your portfolio -- next time we're at your house maybe you'll show some of it?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home