Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Brilliant idea, Rachel.


Ok, I'll be brave and update you on my life through this public internet medium. Blogging makes me nervous. I'll write almost anyone an email about almost anything, but putting thought, emotion, honesty into writing that is so PUBLIC freaks me out. (Clearly (clearly) I could not, at this stage of my life, be a journalist, so kudos to you, Rachel sugar.)

Maybe I just don't write publicly enough; maybe it's like public speaking, and gets waay easier with practice. I worry a lot that what I write is too boring to be public. Maybe that doesn't matter. Maybe I just need to Find My Voice, and then I'll be ok with Using My Voice. Maybe I should get my own blog. Maybe maybe maybe. Maybe I'll decide, later. I have a feeling that finding out why this makes me so nervous might be important, in a self-awareness kind of way.

Fitting into the Life Update category, and also relating to the above: you probably recall that I go to these early morning eucharist services on Tuesdays. It's a great little community. Most things, from prayer litanies to music to sermons, are created by people within the community. Anyhow, I was asked to do a sermon (!!!) sometime during this term, and I decided to do it (!!!) even though I reeeally didn't want to. Mainly, I reeeally didn't want to for exactly the same reasons that blogging makes me nervous -- fear of having nothing interesting to say etc etc etc. Which is also why I decided to do it.

So the sermon is two weeks from today, and I am definitely Nervous and Worried. Aaah! Please pray for me, if you think of me.

Other than that, life is good and uneventful. Watched lotsa Gilmore Girls yesterday with some other nice GG fans (we're in Season 3 now). Learned how to purl and am now knitting a scarf (read about all that here, where someone else blogs about me knitting). Am dreaming about quilts and making better ones. The quilt pic at the top is currently inspiring me -- it's from here, part of a Japanese quilt festival. Sooo beautiful.

Ok, someone else's turn. Much love to you, Rachel!

1 Comments:

At 11:40 PM, Blogger Rachel said...

:) That was a fabulous public rant.

Miss you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home