Sunday, January 01, 2006

My first 2006 post

Hey, everybody. I can't believe it's already here--2006. For me, 2005 started off on rather shaky ground. Overall, I was depressed and felt emotionally isolated from everybody else. This year has taught me (or I should say that this year, God has taught me) a lot about himself, about others, and about myself. I suppose that's a general enough statement to be able to use at the end of almost any year, but below follows the particulars.

By the end of 2005, I felt stronger, more confident, and overall, happier, even in spite of certain challenges. Part of it is simply growing up and getting more comfortable in this shell and in this strange world. Another part of it is learning how to receive God's mercy when I need it most. I spend less time wallowing in guilt and shame and more time embracing the King's grace. Not ever because I feel I deserve it, but because I know I never deserved it even at my best. This was one of my biggest victories of the year.

I could probably list a few other important things that I learned, but it would take a lot of time to write here, and to be honest, I don't want to write them right now. Maybe that can be something we talk about at living room some time. We could reflect on the things we have come through in 2005. What do you guys say?

Anyway, I started off by saying 2005 started "on shaky ground". Happily, it ended well, with the feeling that my feet are on solid ground. I know God more, I know myself more, and I feel I understand other people (in general) more. Now that I think about it, I have an overwhelming amount of things to be thankful for in 2005.

Peace,

T

2 Comments:

At 6:43 PM, Blogger alison said...

Tom, your post made me very happy.

I was overjoyed by your words.

It's amazing to hear about how God is working in the lives of people around you. The personal growth you show is a great demonstration of how much God loves you. He has poured His grace on you and you have shown such strength in your character.

Thank you for sharing your reflection on the year that has passed.

I am so happy to have met you. Here's to continued growth spiritually and emotionally through the new year. :)

 
At 7:51 PM, Blogger Rachel said...

Couldn't say it any better than that.

Ditto Alison :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home