Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Spur of the moment


on the spur of the moment

Impulsively, without prior preparation, as in She decided to join a tour to England on the spur of the moment. This expression alludes to the goading action of a spur to a horse. [Late 1700s]

Perhaps it's Rachel's traveling that inspired me, perhaps it's just opportunity knocking, but who cares about causes when the effect is so fabulous? Today I decided that I'm going to London for two weeks in April to visit my friends Andrew and Olivia, and possibly my friend Michal.Leaving April 17, returning May 1, had the idea and booked the tickets today. Ahhh!!!!!!

Note that the definition above is (almost) straight from http://www.dictionary.com. I'm telling you, this trip is meant to be.

3 Comments:

At 2:14 PM, Blogger alison said...

That's so exciting Sue. Hats off to all the globetrotters!

 
At 10:38 AM, Blogger RTF said...

I have been considering a trip to jolly old England too, to see my friend Chris who is teaching near London.

Inspiring, Sue, inspiring.

T

 
At 7:11 PM, Blogger Rachel said...

You go girl!

:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home