Monday, February 20, 2006

Life a la Al

I think the first thing that comes to mind is that I miss you guys so very much. I hope to see you all soon. This Sunday for sure - but hopefully for LR this week (the 22nd).

My world is very simple right now. Work. :) I love it though, and if you're doing something that you love, it's hard not to smile about it. Sometimes it can get overwhelming, but I have a great crew and Darryl's been there to absorb a lot of work too, so it's been fantastic. It's really great working with Todd - he's so passionate about this project - and that is infectious.

You guys walked with me on my last show and how terrible everything was - this project is the complete opposite. Everything about it makes me thank God. There is a peace about it, and the people I am meeting are just phenomenal. I'm so very excited for what's to come.

One big thing for me is that I have finally received a diagnosis for my knees. If you didn't know - i've had knee probs for like 13 years. I finally had my MRIs done early in January and met with my knee doc last Monday - and there are problems. Generally people are sad about a diagnosis - I on the other hand was relieved that there was something they could find and now we can move forward with therapy. The sad part is that 3 doctors have advised me not to run again. You can't take the need for physical movement out of someone's head. I stopped running 1.5 years ago due to my knees' growing pain, and was told to hold off until they were diagnosed to ensure that further damage was not done (especially when you don't know what's wrong). My right knee will not heal and only get worse (until surgery is needed) and my left knee is cystic, which is a whole other problem. I start physio soon, and i'm very relieved. I might push my luck after a few months and try to join a kick boxing gym again. :) I know I'll be running again once I am fitted with my knee braces. I don't know how I couldn't run again - if i was playing soccer, can you imagine just walking back and forth on the field while the game rushes past you? My advice to everyone is don't run on pavement!!!

Anyway. That's my story. We go to camera in a month. I'll be living in Hamilton almost through March/April. Then at the very end I get a week off, at which point I will be plotting my relocation plan (I want to move to be near the waterfront). :)

Miss you guys. Love you guys.

1 Comments:

At 1:34 PM, Blogger RTF said...

Glad to hear about your good job story, sad to hear about your knees.

We'll miss you while you're living in Steeltown.

Peace,

T

 

Post a Comment

<< Home