Wednesday, July 12, 2006

The end is near...

No this isn't a post about the book of revelations ;)

Actually tomorrow I embark on the last leg of my journey. It's back to Asia with me!

Sorry that it has been so long since I've posted everyone. I feel badly only a few people are posting. I guess I post almost everything about my travels on my blog and then I have nothing left to say that might interest you guys. But, I want to touch base with everyone.

I can't wait to get back to a regular routine of worship. I have really been slipping to be honest and I do feel spiritually distanced from the Lord. I know that he is near me always, but I have not kept my relationship with him as strong as it has been in the past. A lot of it comes from me not having a routine. It's hard to find time to pray some days especially when I'm flying or train riding etc. And I have been without a community for a while now. So, I've made a promise to myself and God to put a lot more effort into our relationship.

So, in case anyone was wondering... I've been in Australia for about a month and a week and tomorrow I'm off to Thailand. I'll be meeting up with a family friend, Terry, for the first 18 days and then I'm solo for a bit before the great return. Sometimes it feels like ages since I've seen you all and other times it feels like just yesterday we were all sitting around in the pub slinging beer and praising God!

Peace and love.
rachel

3 Comments:

At 7:23 AM, Blogger ButterPeanut said...

Rachel! What a great year you've had. It's really easy for forget God while you're having international adventures...happens to me, too. But I also find that the still small voice thing comes through even better and more surprisingly in times like that, when you're out of your element. I hope the last leg of your journey goes well!

 
At 8:56 AM, Blogger sue said...

i agree with both of you -- it's really hard to feel like you're keeping your end of the God-deal when you have little to no routine. it happened to me in london; it was only for two weeks but it was hard.

but it's so true that God comes in surprising ways.. and it's not because of you. take heart that He is strong especially when you are weak.

much love to you lady. miss you and looking forward to seeing you.

 
At 10:34 AM, Blogger alison said...

Hey cutie! I totally hear all of you on how lack of routine can alter your relationship with God. He is incredible though - and understands where your heart truly lies (with Him). He's probably very excited to find time with you too.

Travel safe little lady. So happy to hear about all the safe journeys on your blog. Here's to many more smiles on the last leg of your adventure. Many blessings and much love from T.dot. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home