Tuesday, May 09, 2006

UUH!!!


Uuh!! IT IS FINISHED. I wrote my last exam today, and so frickin amazing. Today I have graduated and cut my ties with the University of Toronto. After 3 long years of this crazy competetive rat race, and Its OVER! Yes over over over over over over over over!

Let me tell you about my last exam, cuz oh yes, the adrenaline was rushing through my veins when I walked out of that drafty, flourescent humming light gym. I ran part of the way home, when there were no other people on the sidewalk, so that I wouldn't appear too silly. So I went into the exam with an A+ and figured out that to maintain my grade I needed 82% on the exam, and even less if I were to settle for an A. Don't get the wrong impression, I don't get A+'s all the time, but this was Logic and I OWN logic.

So yeah, the class average was way too high this semester so the prof clearly made the exam harder to bring that baby down. So it took a while and a few minor freak outs to get 7 out of 8 questions done. The last question (which I didn't need for the 82%) I wasn't getting, it was a hugely complicated derivation in predicate logic. So I decided I'd spend the last half hour messing around with it, see if anything came about.

I Solved that sucker! Yes believe it folks, through 34 lines of derivation I churned out that mofo and could have very well completely aced that exam, average lowering powers and all. Uuh! This is what I felt like:


That's right, big shiny kool aid pitcher man. Oh Yeah. It really pays to be a 4th year Math/Linguistics student in a second year Logic class. Showed all those pewney (sp?) second years who thought it was hard. Pfft!

Ah, guilt free ranting, I love it. I don't have to be studying now! No no friends! I can do whatever I like. I can read a book, wander around Toronto, sleep in until 1pm, yes the world is my oyster. Now I think my booya is done, so I will leave you an image that came to me when all this awesomeness started, which was just before 10pm tonight (Tuesday). I think it was because I was doing the pelvic thrust thing, you know, with your hands in fists, pulling your arms down at your sides and just gruting, "Uuh!" That's right. You heard me.

--Bethany <><

5 Comments:

At 5:14 AM, Blogger alison said...

YAY Bethany. Congratulations on your completion of life at UofT. :) Hope to see you tonight!!

 
At 8:51 AM, Blogger sue said...

beth you are hilarious. congratulations on finishing!! the world IS your oyster!!

speaking of which -- want to come to LR tonight? we could use your Logic skillz.

 
At 1:05 PM, Blogger ButterPeanut said...

woot! go beth.

 
At 9:15 PM, Blogger justmeghs said...

bethl, you crack me up. love you girl :)
ps, congratulations

 
At 6:57 PM, Blogger Dinah said...

I know I'm late to comment on this, but whoo! Go Beth! I started laughing when I saw the title. You OWNED (still own?) logic. You're awesome. I miss you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home