Friday, June 08, 2007

Saska-ma-toon!

Two posts in one day? Wow, maybe the Living Room Blog is turning around! After the initial excitement of the best group concept web-log ever I think we lost the passion... but onto other things.

I'm here sharing some photos from my trip to Saskatoon where I went to do a presentation. I almost can't believe I'm posting some of these since I'm not in anyway fond of having my picture taken, or of having people seeing those pictures that have been taken of me. But I'll hold my breath and it will be ok.


This is me with a fellow Ottawan student algonside 2 from McGill. We're in the Agriculture building, which is probably one of the sweetest buildings on the U of S campus. There's a fountain and a glass-back elevator and like a rainforest worth of indoor plant-life everywhere. I'm not surprised though, considering the amount of farm-life associated with a university in the middle of the praries.


This is me answering a question asked right after my presentation. That's enough about that picture.... man I'm pasty.


A happy little Ottawa bunch (although I'm the only native English speaker, which is not a uncommon occurence in my life as of late). The girls wanted to see "a prarie", and I told them that its more something you don't see. But the sky is pretty cool.


And then there was Wanuskewan! It was a national park which is protected First Nation's land that had a big settlement way back when. This is in the information building where we watched a movie about the history and got to meet many friendly buffalo.


Woah! There's a buffalo now? We had a long discussion on whether there was a different between a buffalo and a bison. I think they're different since you have buffalo wings but a bison burger.



This is me doing the thinker pose, but the sky actually looks cool.


Here Keren and I are getting up close and personal with this woman we found standing outside the discovery centre. (If you look carefully you can see that I am deeply engaged in some riveting conversation at the moment the picture was taken.) Poor lady, I think she has circulation problems because her hands were really cold.

And just to finish off:


More buffalo!!!

Thus was my exciting (not so much) trip in Saskatoon. I have pictures from the trek to Santa Barbara, but they're not developed yet, and not on a digital camera (which I'm sure you may have been able to deduce).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home